- exhibition room1
- exhibition room2
- Kumano Kodo introduction corner1
- Kumano Kodo introduction corner2 +1
1-4-14 Fukiage, Wakayama City 640-8137
- 2-minute walk from the KENCHO-MAE bus stop
South of the Wakayama Castle, across the intersection “Wakayama Prefecture Office (Kencho mae)”
Located on the same site as the Museum of Modern Art Wakayama.
- Open Hours
- 9:30 to 17:00
(last entry is at 16:30)
Closed on Mondays
(When Monday is a National Holiday, Museum opens on Monday and closes the following Tuesday)
December 29-January 3
Closed temporarily (during replacing the Exhibit)
- Phone Number
- English Menu: ◯ English Staff: ◯
The Wakayama Prefectural Museum introduces the history and culture of Wakayama Prefecture.
You can see exhibits imitating Kumano Kodo and valuable cultural properties that have been handed down to the present.
If you are interested in the history and culture due to visit Wakayama’s shrines and temples, this museum will give you a better understanding.
University Student: ￥170
* Admission fees vary for Special Exhibitions.
* Free for High school students and younger, people older than 65 years, (mentally and physically) disabled people and current overseas student in Wakayama prefecture.
* For more detail about group fee, please see website.