- Wakayama Marina City Hotel, View from the hotel.
- Wakayama Marina City Hotel, Suite.
- Wakayama Marina City Hotel, Ocean view bathroom, Double room.
- Wakayama Marina City Hotel, Ocean view bathroom, Twin room. +9
1517 Kemi, Wakayama City
- Phone Number
- Credit Card
- VISA, AMEX, MASTER, DINERS, JCB
- Room Type
- Twin Room 12,600JPY～/ night
Other types of rooms are also available (Prices may vary).
Enjoy the wonderful view of the ocean and beautiful sunset from the room. Don’t miss the famous tuna cutting show, held at breakfast restaurant every day!
Travel Blogger's Review
- James Hong
- In-depth traveller, columnist and host of a travel program, integrating literary, historical and philosophical art into travel writing. Selected as a pro-writer, student favorite writer, my favorite star travel expert, international travel exhibition ambassador, Japan and South Korea and other countries travel ambassadors.
He've been to Wakayama City, from 20th to 22nd February in 2020.
His blog is "終生遊學".
©︎項明生 James Hong
- Romina Banu
- Romina is originally Romanian and a real travel enthusiast. She is a photographer, videographer and writer who likes to help people find out more about traveling.
Her blog is "Miss Tourist".
Wakayama Marina City is a gorgeous hotel on Marina City complex, the artificial island located in the south of the city, half an hour away from Wakayama Station. I stayed here on my first day in Wakayama. The hotel has a very relaxed, it has a European vibe to it. It is also colorful, chic and it provides excellent service!
The rooms are very cozy (mine had a pool view which was super cool!) and the staff is extremely friendly. They helped me with everything I needed during my stay, including an electrical adapter and they spoke very good English.
Daily activities at the hotel include sunbathing and bathing in the pool (which is open until 5PM), eating a delicious buffet breakfast or serving lunch at one of their restaurants (they have an Italian one and a Japanese one and a bakery) and just exploring the surrounding area including Kuroshio Market, Kinokuni Fruit Village, Porto Europa and Kishu Kuroshio Onsen.
Your booking at this hotel also includes a free ticket to Porto Europa during your stay and a free ticket to the onsen, which is a great bonus (and a saving of about 4.500¥)! They also have some evening parties by the pool that you can join for an additional fee. When I was there, they had a Night Pool Party with some DJs and cool music and the entire pool area was full of young Japanese people enjoying the vibe!
One of the best things about Wakayama Marina City is the daily breakfast, served between 7 AM – 10 AM. They invite tuna cutting masters from Kuroshio Market to present a tuna show and then you get to eat fresh tuna sushi at breakfast! How amazing is that? Other than the sushi, the breakfast options are very wide and it includes miso soup, salads, pastries, tofu, noodles and more! This was the place where I got to taste some Umeboshi pickled plums (unique taste and experience, by the way!).
The rooms are sparkling clean, the toilets include a bathing tub and there is also a nice souvenir shop at the hotel where you can buy gifts and all kinds of snacks! My experience at Wakayama Marina City was super pleasant and I would go back in a minute!